Search This Blog


Kootenay lake near Nakusp

Friday, March 12, 2010

Organic this and that

I'm really topped up with the organic movement.
These organic environmentalists have come out of the woodwork recently demanding and receiving everything from organic baums, ointments and fruit organic pesticides mitecides,books and pencils.
The word natural is now reworked to mean not manufactured or industrially made.
Nothing could be farther from the truth. The long and the short of it is it's a marketing tool and as the story unfolds the products sold under these buzzword labels offered no more benefit than food products and remedies already registered in our countries and in several cases contain contaminants not normally found in our daily food intake.
The quest for pure food and basic human supplements has opened the door for thousands of untrained and scientifically illiterate individuals to ply their trade on the unsuspecting public.
Like most of you, I want my food to be nutritious and free from toxicity. Until proven otherwise, I'm unwilling to accept organic and or natural foods and substances that have not undergone like and similar testing to that which I am accustomed to using.
I'm also unwilling to pay a premium to farmers to produce products for me without the benefit of some proven advantage to my well-being.

No comments:

Post a Comment